Seaman Resume Sample
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required
- Merchant Mariner’s Credential with AB Unlimited endorsement
- Valid Driver’s License
- Active and positive participant in monthly safety meeting
- Points out unsafe acts or conditions to everyone on board
- Stops work if unsafe conditions or practices are uncovered
- Able to participate in an Emergency Response team
- Proficient in all rigging operations under direction
- Work as directed by Bosun
- Taking part in emergency and occupational onboard training such as, the use of self-contained breathing apparatus, firefighting, man overboard exercises, lifeboat
- Knowledge and experience in the offshore industry with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of DP Vessel operations
- STCW95 Reg: II/4 – Rating Forming Part of a Navigation Watch
- STCW95 Reg. VI/2-1 Survival Craft
- STCW95 Reg. VI/2-2 Fast Rescue Craft (If assigned to FRC)
- STCW medical fitness certificate
- DOT drug testing & Non-DOT hair drug test
- Current USCG Merchant Mariner document
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Functional capacity evaluation
How to write Seaman Resume
Seaman role is responsible for training, security, transportation, mechanical, basic, medical, steering, rigging, passport, offshore.
To write great resume for seaman job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Seaman Resume
The section contact information is important in your seaman resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Seaman Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your seaman resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous seaman responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular seaman position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Education on a Seaman Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your seaman resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your seaman experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in Seaman Resume
When listing skills on your seaman resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.