Last updated on October 20, 2020
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, IP address etc.)
- Employment information (employment history, education, resume, skills, objectives etc.)
- Resumes and Cover Letters (freeform input from you)
- Survey questionnaires (service-oriented feedback)
- Billing and credit card information
- Computer hardware and software information (IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses)
- Anonymous demographic information
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide VelvetJobs with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a form or a customer survey or use any of our message boards, profile features, resume builder features, cover letter builder features, job posting features or other features.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Email us.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
We use such data from the above sources in the following ways:
- analytical demographic information (age and gender)
- device information (IP addresses, browser type and type of device), location (city, state and country)
- online behavioral data (social media websites, page views and search results)
We use such information to improve our Services (see below for a detailed description of our Services) and send relevant marketing materials to you.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Provide you with our Services (job search, job matching, job placement, resume builder, cover letter builder, resume review, resume writing, cover letter writing, job interview preparation, career coaching, outplacement, recruiting, job listing advertising, employer branding, articles, guides, written content, visual content, reviews, networking between people, people search directory, forums, and other career-related services).
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like or to ask your opinion of our service or future offerings.
- Operate and maintain our service so we can deliver services that you request.
- Obtain general statistics regarding the use of our website.
- Meet our legal requirements (comply with court orders, file legal proceedings, etc.)
VelvetJobs will share your data with the following third-party service companies to provide our Services:
Newsletter and Marketing
- Google Inc (YouTube, Double Click)
- Microsoft Corporation
- Twitter Inc
- Google Inc
- New Relic
When VelvetJobs processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
To the extent permitted by law, VelvetJobs will disclose your information only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on VelvetJobs; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of VelvetJobs; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of VelvetJobs or the public.
How do we store your data?
VelvetJobs transfers your personal data and securely stores your data at Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS) in the United States in compliance with the EU standard contractual clauses. Such transfers are encrypted by secure technology.
VelvetJobs will keep all of your data indefinitely to be able to continue to provide Services to you and to meet multiple legal retention requirements (i.e. commercial code, tax code). We will, however, delete your data upon your request in accordance with the GDPR and other legal jurisdiction requirements.
VelvetJobs would like to send you information about our products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as companies that are owned by us.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop VelvetJobs from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other companies that are owned by us.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, unsubscribe from marketing emails within your account or in the signature of the email.
What are your data protection rights?
VelvetJobs would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights, which are standardized in Articles 15-22 EU GDPR. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request VelvetJobs for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that VelvetJobs correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request VelvetJobs to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that VelvetJobs erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that VelvetJobs restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to VelvetJobs processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that VelvetJobs transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com. You also have a right of appeal to a data protection supervisory authority.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Persons under 18 years of age need the consent of the legal guardian and/or a declaration of consent before submitting any personal data to us. We encourage parents and guardians to be actively involved in their children’s use of www.mintresume.com and their other online activities and interests.
Privacy policies of other websites
California privacy rights
If you are a person who resides in the State of California, you can view the California Privacy Disclosure here as it relates to California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and Shine the Light Act.
How to contact us
For EEA Residents:
Please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
For USA and non-EEA Residents:
Please contact us at email@example.com