Server Administration Resume Sample
- Managing a team of FTE’s and consultants for support of all company deemed critical applications (including but not limited to SAP, CI, Time Keeper and Big Data)
- Create support documentation for these environments including technical diagrams, SOW’s, Operational Standards and handoff documents
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas
- Works closely with Headend operations staff on system design and configuration
- Provide System Administration & troubleshooting of Unix and Linux operating systems
- Coordinates with users to determine requirements for technical projects
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as required. - Available 24/7/365
- Experience working within virtual environments (VMware, Openstack, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with Puppet administration
- Experience with storage systems within data center environment; experience with any system providing maintenance and troubleshooting storage-related issues
- Experience troubleshooting OS and various application issues
- Progressive experience in IT systems administration or related areas
- Working knowledge of Internet protocols, e.g., DNS, LDAP, Telnet, SMTP, SNMP
- Office (Cubical) based environment
How to write Server Administration Resume
Server Administration role is responsible for design, travel, basic, programming, administration, sql, maintenance, linux, unix, scripting.
To write great resume for server administration job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Server Administration Resume
The section contact information is important in your server administration resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Server Administration Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your server administration resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous server administration responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular server administration position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Education on a Server Administration Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your server administration resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your server administration experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
Professional Skills in Server Administration Resume
When listing skills on your server administration resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.