Payroll tax Manager Resume Sample
- Serves as the Company’s subject matter expert on all payroll related tax issues partnering with HR/Legal/Benefits/Compensation/Finance as needed
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
- Analyzes, reconciles, prepares and signs various Federal and State reports such as quarterly reports and W-2’s; analyzes and implements pay information to ensure proper taxation and posting of wages; and reviews and ensures proper payroll deductions are administered
- Oversees the entire payroll tax process for multi-state facilities including federal, state, and local
- Oversees quarterly and annual balancing of payroll tax filings for all tax jurisdictions
- Process and maintain payroll tax payments and returns for the organization which includes tax reconciliations
- Ensures Compliance with all payroll tax related governmental, regulatory, and legislative requirements
- Resolves payroll tax discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information and making adjustments as needed
- Works closely with Director of Payroll on all aspects of payroll taxes
- Works closely with Payroll Supervisors at all times for normal payroll processing schedules, and in the scheduling of off cycle payrolls to ensure tax filings are accurate
- Responds to external and internal agency audit requests
- Assists with other related programs and administration
- Responsible for the accurate recording of payroll taxes in GL.
- Maintains relationship with vendors
- Manages the set up of new tax accounts and closure of inactive accounts in response to reorganizations or acquisitions
- Management, Training, and Analysis
- Presents payroll tax analytics, trending updates and customized reports to all levels of the organization, as requested
- Identify areas of training needs, Prepares and delivers to staff
- Provides guidance and support to project manager and Payroll Director as needed
- Responsible for all tax setups on new facilities
- Act as a consultant to the Business Office Coordinators and internal payroll team with tax related items
- Familiarity with legal/compliance requirements for payroll tax and experience ensuring compliance with those standards, regulations and laws
- Advanced Payroll Knowledge
- Experience with HR and Payroll applications and reporting tools, preferably ADP and Workday
- High level of strategic agility, decision making and problem-solving skills, high business acumen, and demonstrated ability to manage through systems and drive innovation
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently, conduct research, formulate conclusions and present conclusions regarding complex business issues
- Payroll experience, including four (4) years’ experience leading the payroll function for a similar sized and structured organization
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Attention to detail - demonstrated ability to consistently deliver at a high level of accuracy
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and tools, including Excel
How to write Payroll tax Manager Resume
Payroll tax Manager role is responsible for travel, reporting, payroll, compensation, security, training, finance, software, microsoft, leadership.
To write great resume for payroll tax manager job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Payroll tax Manager Resume
The section contact information is important in your payroll tax manager resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Payroll tax Manager Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your payroll tax manager resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous payroll tax manager responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular payroll tax manager position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Education on a Payroll tax Manager Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your payroll tax manager resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your payroll tax manager experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in Payroll tax Manager Resume
When listing skills on your payroll tax manager resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.