Desk Strategist Resume Sample
- Collaborate with bankers and traders to understand market trends and identify opportunities to better serve clients on their financial and capital markets needs. Create and validate banking and trading strategies and implement solutions that best address clients’ needs
- Implement numerical methods for both partial differential equations and Monte Carlo. LI-JG1
- Excellent knowledge of global equities markets
- Proven track record of stock picking capabilities
- Equity investment experience
- Evaluation of order routing including alternative forms of liquidity
- Evaluation of various models around placement of orders
- Identifying trends and ideas to contribute to MSET’s thought leadership efforts
- Evaluation of overall trading engine performance against customer expectations
- Develop Applications for the Senior Management of the FID Sales and Trading
- Effectiveness of signal usage within an agency execution platform
- Experience in other market and products: FX, credit or Equity
- Working knowledge of Q/KDB, Python, and HTML5
- Good understanding of derivatives products in one or more asset classes including rates, credit, foreign exchange, equities, and commodities
- Strong quantitative skills in probability, stochastic calculus, PDE, numeric method (Ph.D. or MS in maths or physics)
- Experience with Python
- Recent experience as a credit desk strategist / quant on either buy-side or sell-side
- Working knowledge of stochastic calculus and pricing models
- Excellent quantitative skills and programming ability in a major language
- Work with a strong sense of urgency while maintaining attention to detail
How to write Desk Strategist Resume
Desk Strategist role is responsible for programming, modeling, design, reporting, java, trading, credit, quantitative, python, prototype.
To write great resume for desk strategist job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Desk Strategist Resume
The section contact information is important in your desk strategist resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Desk Strategist Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your desk strategist resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous desk strategist responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular desk strategist position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Education on a Desk Strategist Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your desk strategist resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your desk strategist experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in Desk Strategist Resume
When listing skills on your desk strategist resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.