Retirement Product Manager Resume Sample
- Experience in project management, product development, and/or process management
- Experience leading direct and matrixed teams
- Working knowledge of ML and the financial service industry
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools (Word and PowerPoint). Proficiency using Excel (pivot tables and V look ups)
- Contribute to sales and client retention through the timely development of messaging to demonstrate our differentiation in the market. Fully deploy that messaging to key constituencies and act as the subject matter expert for those features
- Partner with Competitive Intelligence team to gather competitive product data to continually benchmark MMRS features appropriately. Monitor and report on competition to evaluate MMRS position in the marketplace. Manage ongoing competitive positioning of features across each market segment
- Partner with team analytics resource to ensure appropriate reporting and review of program usage/stats to drive decisions on timely changes to product features – including service strategy and pricing
- Partner with Marketing Communication to execute marketing strategies including promotional campaigns, educating internal and external constituents, sales kits and collateral materials
- Work with Compliance, Legal and Actuarial to address compliance issues with features that affect basic product design, the way the product is priced, or the way it is offered to customers
- Act as product advocate for those features on projects related to the product portfolio assigned
- Experience at a retirement plan provider
- Previous product development/management experience
- Influence decisions at the peer level and senior level
- Superb verbal/written communication skills
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 - or would need to obtain within 6 months of start date
- Conversation between advisors and their clients retirement needs and guidance offered
- Ensuring successful delivery of product development efforts
- Drive ongoing competitive reviews and make recommendations to change the current offering based on regulatory changes, competition, trends and market research
How to write Retirement Product Manager Resume
Retirement Product Manager role is responsible for reporting, research, messaging, automation, basic, compliance, marketing, legal, regulatory, excel.
To write great resume for retirement product manager job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Retirement Product Manager Resume
The section contact information is important in your retirement product manager resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Retirement Product Manager Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your retirement product manager resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous retirement product manager responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular retirement product manager position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Education on a Retirement Product Manager Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your retirement product manager resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your retirement product manager experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
Professional Skills in Retirement Product Manager Resume
When listing skills on your retirement product manager resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.