Public Accountant Resume Sample
- Prepare memoranda, e-mails and other correspondence (e.g., audit plan, meeting agendas, SOCD, and other correspondence with the client)
- Participate in meetings with the client. Present information to others in one-on-one and small group situations, such as verbal presentations to client personnel
- Interact with client personnel in a professional manner and demonstrate a commitment to continually improve our client's satisfaction
- Reconcile client’s bank statements
- CPA or in the process of achieving CPA certification
- Significant experience analyzing large quantities of complex data in Excel including pivot tables and V-lookup's, Variance Analysis and the ability to research and draw conclusions from financial data is very important
- Reconcile bank statements to the general ledger on a monthly basis and prepare related journal entries
- Perform detailed account reconciliations monthly and as needed
- Update balance sheet analysis in Excel on a weekly basis and identify potential adjustments
- Assist with the closing process by preparing accrual and other monthly journal entries
- File journal entries and other documents
- GPA over 3.0
- CPA or tracking
- Experience in public accounting
- Proficient with Excel, Access and Microsoft Office
- Outgoing "can do" personality
- Generous Time off policy during non peak season
- CPA preparation assistance
How to write Public Accountant Resume
Public Accountant role is responsible for research, general, compliance, analysis, reconciliations, cpa, sox, accounting, medical, microsoft.
To write great resume for public accountant job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Public Accountant Resume
The section contact information is important in your public accountant resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Public Accountant Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your public accountant resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous public accountant responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular public accountant position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Education on a Public Accountant Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your public accountant resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your public accountant experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
Professional Skills in Public Accountant Resume
When listing skills on your public accountant resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.