Environmental Services Tech Resume Sample
- Knowledge of cleaning of stairwells, elevators, baseboards, water fountains, wall washing, windows, furniture and working equipment
- Ensure that all trash and linen is emptied and that containers are inspected for cleanliness in assigned areas
- Inspect vents, horizontal and vertical surfaces in assigned areas for cleanliness and dust/clean by assigned schedule or as needed
- Check all soap, hand sanitizer, lotion, paper towel and toilet paper dispensers and fill as necessary
- Clean all high touch surfaces as listed on work schedule such as: door knobs/handles, light switches, bed rails, telephones, over bed tables, etc
- Keep equipment and supplies clean, organized and in good working condition
- Report any problems with equipment or supplies to immediate supervisor
- Attends General Hospital Orientation within 30 days of hire
- Participates in Departmental Orientation
- Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, and to frequently push, pull, squat, and bend. Be able to climb a ladder up to 6 feet. Is able to routinely lift up to 50 pounds and periodically lift as much as 100 pounds (can be a team effort)
- Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
- Position requires the use of hands for simple and firm grasping and fine manipulating
- Position requires high level of mental concentration to attain established deadlines. Working environment
- Dust mops floors
- Takes soiled mops to central linen room in plastic bags
- Wears protective clothing in Surgery, Isolation or other areas as necessary
- Consistently is on time and ready to work at start shift; does not take advantage of sick time or personal days. Takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences
- Coordinating/integrating inter/intradepartmental services
- Developing/implementing policies and procedures that guide/support services
- Recommending sufficient number of qualified/competent staff
- Determining staff qualifications and competence
- Continuously assessing and improving departmental performance
- Maintaining appropriate quality control programs
- Prior experience as a janitor or housekeeper in an institutional setting such as a hospital, hotel/motel, or contract janitorial services
- Valid California driver’s license required for those who are authorized to operate Hoag vehicles
- Housekeeping experience in a healthcare or hotel setting required
- Acute healthcare cleaning work experience involving the use of heavy equipment such as buffers, extractors, wide area vacuums, wet vacs desired
- Acute healthcare cleaning work experience involving the use of heavy such as buffers, extractors, wide area vacuums and wet vacs desired
- Experience in housekeeping in healthcare setting
- Prioritize work according to directions and workload demands
How to write Environmental Services Tech Resume
Environmental Services Tech role is responsible for training, basic, computer, health, customer, education, reporting, write, leadership, organization.
To write great resume for environmental services tech job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Environmental Services Tech Resume
The section contact information is important in your environmental services tech resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Environmental Services Tech Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your environmental services tech resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous environmental services tech responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular environmental services tech position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative Environmental Services Tech resume experience can include:
- Work tactfully and effectively with team members, patients and visitors
- Uses supplies appropriately and effectively
- Service excellence skills required
- Maintain good attendance record in accordance with department policy.
- Creates an atmosphere which fosters team work and open communication among staff. Models ROCKET standards and effective behaviors
- Demonstrates quality customer service at all times
Education on an Environmental Services Tech Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your environmental services tech resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your environmental services tech experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in Environmental Services Tech Resume
When listing skills on your environmental services tech resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there's a list of typical environmental services tech skills:
- Reads, writes, and communicates effectively in English
- Work tactfully and effectively with team members, patient and visitors
- Highest level of interpersonal skills
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training in Customer Service and Environmental Services
- Previous cleaning experience
- Operates all hand and power equipment items associated with cleaning services in the Hospital environment
List of Typical Experience For an Environmental Services Tech Resume
Experience For Environmental Services Tech / Evenings Resume
- Following specific procedure to perform terminal cleaning of patient rooms and preparing rooms for new patients
- Perform checkout cleaning procedure in patient room according to departmental policies and procedures, including medical equipment.
- Perform checkout cleaning procedure in patient room according to departmental policies and procedures, includingmedical equipment.
- 7 Restroom cleaning (restroom cleaning procedure)
- 13 Patient room discharge-cleaning (discharge cleaning procedure)
- 14 Occupied patient room cleaning (occupied patient room cleaning procedure)
- Proper use of Ultra Violet Light devices; and 3) Changing out, removal and replacement of containers (Sharps, Pharmacy Waste, Bio-Hazard, & Chemo Therapy)
Experience For Environmental Services Tech / Days Resume
- 8 Isolation room cleaning procedure
- 9 Dust & damp mopping of hard surface floors and baseboards
- 10 Vacuuming of carpeted areas
- 11 High dusting vents, pictures, clocks, furnishings etc
- 15 Spot cleaning of walls, doors and windows
Experience For Environmental Services Tech-housekeeper Resume
- 16 Prepares and maintains equipment assigned and immediately reports any malfunctioning equipment to
- Shift: Evening Job
- Performs routine tasks in assigned area, follows maintenance schedule for floors and carpets
- Cleans fixtures, furnishings, walls, woodwork, floors, stairwells, interior windows, elevators/tracks, and exteriors of equipment
- Replenishes all disposable items such as soap, toilet paper, paper towels
- Refer to Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications (BFOQ)
Experience For Environmental Services Tech / Nights Resume
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in patient rooms as necessary or designated.
- Perform intensive cleaning procedures in specialty areas such as Emergency Department, Surgery and Pharmacy toa level acceptable that eliminates the risk of infection to the patient.
- Perform technical cleaning procedures such as mopping and scrubbing floors, using appropriate equipment andchemical dilution.
- Removes and transports soiled linens, trash, infectious waste and recycling according to departmental policy andprocedures.
- Adheres to departmental and hospital wide safety policies and procedures.
Experience For Environmental Services Tech, Per Diem Resume
- Maintains all required records and information for all regulatory agencies (i.e, TJC, NFPA, state and city healthdepartments.
- Participates as required in safety training and understands and follows hospital and department policies andprocedures in all safety areas including hazardous materials and waste handling, life safety, medical equipmentsafety, accident reporting and security.
- Perform or assist with meeting room set-ups and furniture moving using proper body mechanics to avoid injury.
- Greet customers and make efforts to create a welcoming environment for guests.
- Env Svc Worker assists coworkers during busy periods.
- Supervisor is requested upon a problem, complaint, or question that an Env Svc Worker cannot answer.
- Practice an awareness of supply costs; use them as instructed and at correct dilution.
- Consistently shows up for work on scheduled work days.
Experience For Environmental Services Tech-per Diem Resume
- Completes assigned tasks at an acceptable level of quality and in the appropriate timeframes.
- Accepts constructive criticism and adjusts to change
- Dresses in appropriate uniform
- Appearance is neat and well groomed
- Reports equipment and facilities in need of repair
- Follows all safety rules and procedures
- Uses Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as directed or when appropriate
- Perform intensive cleaning procedures in specialty areas such as Emergency Department, Surgery and Pharmacy toe level acceptable that eliminates the risk of infection to the patient.
- Perform technical cleaning procedures such as mopping and scrubbing floors, using appropriate equipment and chemical dilution.
Experience For Environmental Services Tech Environmental Services Evenings Resume
- Maintains all required records and information for all regulatory agencies (i.e., TJC, NFPA, state and city health departments.
- Participates as required in safety training and understands and follows hospital and department policies and procedures in all safety areas including hazardous materials and waste handling, life safety, medical equipment safety, accident reporting and security.
- Envy Svc Worker assists coworkers during busy periods.
- Supervisor is requested upon a problem, complaint, or question that an Envy Svc Worker cannot answer.
- 20 Reports to work on time, appropriately dressed in a clean uniform and ready to work in assigned area
- Performs step-based cleaning procedure which includes, but is not limited to; (1) empty & clean waste containers, (2) high dust, (3) sweep, dust mop and/or vacuum, (4) dust and/or damp wipe & spot clean, (5) bathroom cleaning & commodes, (6) damp mop and (7) inspection of completed work
- Washes beds and mattresses, and remakes beds after patient discharge
- Handles soiled linens. At some MHS locations - sort, wash, dry, fold, hang & distribute resident clothing, deliver & pickup soiled & clean linens, clean carts, equipment & laundry room
- Completes required checklists & forms
Experience For Environmental Services Tech Days Resume
- Attends inservices and other meetings as required
- Actualizes the DeKalb Medical Center IREACH Mission, Vision, and Value statement
- Promotes Customer Service mindset. Treats others courteously and with respect
- Dusts and Damp mops floors,
- Vacuums carpets when carpet is present
- Dusts furniture, equipment, window sills, and damp wipes surfaces with germicidal disinfectant
- Empties Waste containers and trash (Inside, and outside of facility).Damp wipes containers and relines with a clean waste liner
- High dusts and damp wipes horizontal surfaces
- Arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion, and reports and needed equipment or furniture repairs to the supervisor
Experience For Environmental Services Tech PRN CHI Health Plainview Resume
- Cleans and polishes bathtubs, sinks, mirrors and similar fixtures
- Replenishes hand soaps, paper towels, toilet tissue, and re-stock supplies
- Spot wash walls and wall fixtures within reach
- Assumes responsibility for the quality standard in his/her areas
- Performs full range of hard floor and carpet care maintenance tasks
- Empties Waste containers and trash (Inside, and outside of facility). Damp wipes containers and relines with a clean waste liner
- Responsible for thorough cleaning of assigned areas including, but not limited to, furniture, tile, fixtures, windows,sinks, tubs, toilets, mirrors, showers, etc. Perform high and low dusting of TV’s, lights, walls, mop floors, elevators and stairs, clean door frames, ceiling vents, and vacuum carpet, etc
Experience For Environmental Services Tech Temp-to-hire Resume
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
- Observes all isolation procedures and Infect Prevention Standards. Is knowledgeable on correct chemicals used for different pathogens
- Maintains EVS closet, EVS cart, and all equipment in a neat and orderly manner. Reports any safety hazards or equipment in need of repair to supervisor and/or Facilities. Maintain correct amount of supplies. Is knowledgeable on correct chemicals used for different pathogens
- Hangs cubicles/drapes according to department policy
- Replenishes paper, soap supplies, hand sanitizer
- Special project assignments, including coordinating specifics such as; contacting affected departments to advise of upcoming project (i.e. construction projects, wall cleaning, drapes, changing cubicles, window washing, etc.), and post informational signs
- Moves furniture, supplies and equipment as requested adhering to departmental safety and lifting procedures. Seeks assistance when in doubt
List of Typical Skills For an Environmental Services Tech Resume
Skills For Environmental Services Tech / Evenings Resume
- Rewarding, physically demanding, and requires agility
- Performs routine tasks in assigned area, follows a 7-Step cleaning process and the remaking of beds after disinfecting during discharge cleaning
- Cleans Ancillary areas, including but not limited to wearing back pack vacuum, cleaning restrooms, trash disposal, and damp disinfecting
- Understands and follows isolation cleaning according to established procedures in order to assure proper infection control
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing procedures in restrooms, common areas, treatment rooms and utility areas.
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing procedures of walls, vents, ledges and windows.
Skills For Environmental Services Tech / Days Resume
- Perform checkout cleaning procedure in patient room according to departmental policies and procedures, includingmedical equipment. ■
- Clean floors utilizing automatic floor scrubber, vacuum, mop, broom, and/or dust mop
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim
- Takes Ownership in problem solving and initiative to resolve issues that arise
- Performs assigned tasks with efficiency despite repetitiveness and interruptions during scheduled work shift as noted by supervisor
- Responds immediately to stat and special cleaning, upon request from supervisor
Skills For Environmental Services Tech-housekeeper Resume
- Seeks additional work without waiting to be asked
- Maintains janitor closet, and cleaning cart in a clean and orderly condition
- Separates regular waster versus biohazardous waster, disposal of needles, and storage of clean and dirty linens, following proper procedure
- Utilizes 7-step cleaning procedure in all areas
- 25 Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations. Trinity Health's
- Knowledge of commercial cleaning techniques helpful
Skills For Environmental Services Tech / Nights Resume
- Empties trash, wipes and relines containers, operating compactor if necessary
- Moves and resets furnishings to original locations following completion of job
- Perform 6 step daily cleaning procedure in patient room to a level acceptable to the patient.
- Clean and disinfect furniture and equipment
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas
- Sweeps and/or vacuums floor
- Empties wastebaskets and linen
Skills For Environmental Services Tech, Per Diem Resume
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments
- Follows infection control practices and safety practices in all activities
- Models a “service” attitude towards others
- Is courteous, and friendly to patient and co-worker alike
- Selects and uses supplies correctly, safely and is not wasteful as observed by supervisor
Skills For Environmental Services Tech-per Diem Resume
- Willingly performs other tasks as requested and noted by supervisor
- Completes assigned tasks with a high level of cleanliness
- Encourages and practices the Huguley Mission Statement and Standards of Behaviors
- Responsibilities of the Environmental Services Technician position include
- Cleans and sanitizes furniture and ledges
- Empties trash and removes to proper collection site
Skills For Environmental Services Tech Environmental Services Evenings Resume
- Transports/Removes Bio-Hazard Material
- Weekend shift incentive pay
- Effectively performs scheduled floor cleaning which includes stripping, scrubbing, finishing, shampooing, and extracting in a timely manner (includes working other shifts for annual floor maintenance) following all unit specific guidelines giving attention to detailed areas such as baseboards, corners, carpet stains, etc. Clean equipment after use
- Performs spot cleaning of carpets and carpet bonneting, extraction of carpet, burnishing, and wet/dry vacuum. Operates, understands, and maintains all equipment (i.e. extractors, vacuums, wet vac, burnisher, flatbed, etc.) in a safe and professional manner. Clean equipment after use and ensure batteries are charged
- Demonstrated effectiveness as an interdisciplinary team member
- Work collaboratively with others on departmental development and projects
Skills For Environmental Services Tech Days Resume
- Number and Type of Team Members Supervised: None
- Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: None
- Serve as First line of defense for infection control
- Understand the high impact service plays on Patient Satisfaction
- Listens to and follows instructions
- Performs a complete ten (10) step cleaning in areas throughout the hospital, including patient rooms, offices, departments, public areas or other areas as needed or required by schedule
- Uses dry dust cloths, high dusting tools, and vacuum cleaner to clean window sills, blinds, floors, and furniture. Empties waste receptacles, arranges furniture, furnishings, and equipment in proper order
- Job responsibilities involve walking, standing, bending, climbing and lifting throughout the work day
Skills For Environmental Services Tech PRN CHI Health Plainview Resume
- Responsible for daily cleaning of patient rooms and terminal cleaning of discharged rooms including washing and remaking of beds
- Performs full range of carpet maintenance tasks such as vacuuming, spot cleaning, and shampooing
- Performs upholstery cleaning tasks from vacuuming to shampooing
- Responsible for cleaning offices, utility rooms, exam rooms, waiting rooms, and other ancillary rooms within areas of assignment
- Assists in training new partners in proper procedure and techniques associated with above tasks
- Cleans restrooms including toilets, sinks, showers, and fixtures
- Responsible for responding to emergency requests for clean ups and needs within the area of assignment
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment according to hospital standards
- Performs full range of routine type cleaning tasks such as maintenance of walls, furniture, equipment and waste removal
Skills For Environmental Services Tech Temp-to-hire Resume
- Possess English language competency
- Able to follow instructions and able to communicate verbally with peers and supervisors
- Follow simple oral and written instructions
- Perform repetitive cleaning operations throughout the workday, under specific instructions with little need for individual judgment in working out job problems
- At least (1) one year work experience required
- Maintains equipment daily to ensure that it is in clean condition and in good repair
- Maintains good public relations with all patients, facility and staff personnel
- Reports unusual incidents with emphasis on safety and maintenance
List of Typical Responsibilities For an Environmental Services Tech Resume
Responsibilities For Environmental Services Tech / Evenings Resume
- 4 Properly measures cleaning chemicals for disinfecting and general cleaning
- Completes assigned tasks consistently and accurately and understands the order in which they are to be done
- Understands importance of using and mixing chemicals safely and properly, is aware of safety hazards and uses chemicals according to label directions and Material Safety Data Sheets
- 5 Cleans, disinfects I.V. poles and portable commodes
- 6 Strips and makes beds
- 12 Empty, dispose, clean & reline waste containers
- Clears utility rooms of soiled materials and transports to load dock
- Transfers waste to trash compactor for pick-up and disposal by contracted waste vendor