Diesel Tech Resume Sample
- Maintaining high quality service repairs to minimize comebacks
- Investigating the progress of vehicle repair completion by conducting periodic spot checks of all jobs throughout the day to ensure timely repairs, quality workmanship and cleanliness
- Contacting customers regarding any additions or changes to the repair of their vehicle, if required
- Explaining cost and time requirements in detail, and getting the proper authorization before any additional repairs are made
- Keeping abreast of all warranty policies and product changes to maintain effectiveness in this role
- Providing on-the-job technical support for technicians as required and assisting in the development of their technical skills and abilities
- Ensuring that all repairs are documented, technicians' comments are descriptive and precise, and that the allotted time is noted prior to submission for closing
- Ensuring that all vehicles are road tested when required and that the repairs were completed correctly
- Current Cummins Certifications
- Learn required work documentation and proper communication skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrates the Company’s Core Values
- Perform repairs in the shop, help other technicians with repairs
- Direct work flow and fill in for night service writer as needed
- Conducting the flow of all service work, technician accountability, vehicle repair completion, documentation and continuous communication with the service advisors
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with all International vendor policies and warranty procedures
- Experience as a Class 7 & 8 technician in a dealership or related truck service facility
How to write Diesel Tech Resume
Diesel Tech role is responsible for documentation, compliance, diesel, writer, development, technology, warranty, certifications, direct, assisting.
To write great resume for diesel tech job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Diesel Tech Resume
The section contact information is important in your diesel tech resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Diesel Tech Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your diesel tech resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous diesel tech responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular diesel tech position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Education on a Diesel Tech Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your diesel tech resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your diesel tech experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
Professional Skills in Diesel Tech Resume
When listing skills on your diesel tech resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.