Controller Accounting Resume Sample
- Responsible for research and presenting best in class governance practices for the Audit and Risk committee
- Assist in the review of the finance team’s reconciliations
- Managing the company’s accounting system and the resolution of accounting problems to ensure proper financial reporting and support prompt payment of billings
- Identifying potential liabilities
- Ensure the organization, Board, Leadership Team, and all external and internal users of financial data receive accurate financial information in a timely fashion
- Monitor workflows, reconciliations, reports and other output to ensure that goals and deadlines are met
- Possess excellent organization and problem-solving skills and the ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks bringing projects to completion
- Be able to sustain productivity in a fast-paced environment, maintaining composure and focus under pressure and deadlines
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, initiative and attention to detail
- Strong technical/GAAP experience and desire for accuracy and compliance with policies
- Excellent leadership, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy in cash forecasting and foreign exchange
- Accuracy and timeliness in all financial reporting
- Efficiency in the monthly closing process
- Achievements related to personal objectives
How to write Controller Accounting Resume
Controller Accounting role is responsible for insurance, research, travel, organization, compliance, accounting, completion, leadership, interpersonal, financial.
To write great resume for controller accounting job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Controller Accounting Resume
The section contact information is important in your controller accounting resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Controller Accounting Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your controller accounting resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous controller accounting responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular controller accounting position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Education on a Controller Accounting Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your controller accounting resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your controller accounting experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in Controller Accounting Resume
When listing skills on your controller accounting resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.