Line Cooks Resume Sample
- Desire to offer creative culinary ideas in a positive upbeat team environment
- Food Safety and Sanitation training desired
- Reports to the Executive Chef any maintenance or repairs needed
- Proper guest service requires that the food is produced on a timely basis and that the servers are well educated regarding the menu
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities
- Handles organic and specialty ingredients
- Maintains quality control for all products, including monitoring freshness of product daily
- Acquires an intermediate level of knowledge of ingredient specifications and seasonal variability
- Following the specially prepared Sunrise menus and production sheets to maintain the highest possible quality and consistency
- Ensuring compliance with all record keeping, food safety and risk management requirements
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the kitchen and all kitchen equipment
- Prepares dishes in an efficient manner in accordance to recipes and standards
- Prepare food items while adhering to health department regulations
- Obtain and maintain a valid state gaming license
- Frequent pushing, pulling, bending and lifting
- Fun & Exciting Workplace
- Back of House experience required
- Demonstrated experience in a high quality cook to order, and highly customer focused dining environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper food handling, produce, meat and fish
- Demonstrated good judgment of quantity, quality, and production
- Knowledge and understanding of basic temperatures and food safety
- Demonstrated passion for this profession and desire to learn
- Exhibits clean work habits and ownership of a safe clean area
- Proficient with basic tools, measurements, and kitchen equipment
- Effectively read and understand English
- Practices proper & safe food handling, storage, receiving, stocking & rotating procedures
- Performs job at a continuously high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality and speed standards
- Flexible in performing other related tasks designated from the management
- Meets all standards for safe food handling and have a current Food Handlers Card
- Able to successfully interact with other line positions
- Able to work closely with other staff members, often in confined areas
How to write Line Cooks Resume
Line Cooks role is responsible for training, health, gaming, general, basic, education, sanitation, cooking, maintenance, standards.
To write great resume for line cooks job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Line Cooks Resume
The section contact information is important in your line cooks resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Line Cooks Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your line cooks resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous line cooks responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular line cooks position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Education on a Line Cooks Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your line cooks resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your line cooks experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in Line Cooks Resume
When listing skills on your line cooks resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there's a list of typical line cooks skills:
- Able to work at approx. 36" table/stove and reach in approx. 36"