Composer Resume Sample
- Create MIDI mock-ups based on composer’s specification
- Manage composer’s computers, templates, software upgrades, instrument libraries, etc
- Certificate in music production or equal experience as a composer's assistant
- Knowledge in multiple DAW's (e.g., ProTools, Logic, Reaper etc.)
- Able to notate music in Sibelius or Finale
- Experience in organizing recording sessions and working with union musicians
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Able to work within a team dynamic
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Office products
How to write Composer Resume
Composer role is responsible for media, union, film, adobe, teaching, sibelius, directing, music, etc.), finale.
To write great resume for composer job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Composer Resume
The section contact information is important in your composer resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Composer Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your composer resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to.
This section, however, is not just a list of your previous composer responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular composer position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Education on a Composer Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your composer resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your composer experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
Professional Skills in Composer Resume
When listing skills on your composer resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.